It is the mission of the Schoolcraft County
Economic Development Corporation to facilitate
the growth of Schoolcraft County's economy. The
EDC will strive to retain and encourage expansion
of existing private and public sector entities
as well as work to develop new investment within
Schoolcraft County. As it pursues its mission,
the EDC will focus its resources on development
which best provides the citizens of Schoolcraft
County with expanded and secure employment opportunities
while maintaining and improving the area's quality
Our program centers on preparing our community
for high quality development or redevelopment.
We work closely with the MEDA, MEDC, UPEDA, 1st
Step, locally elected officials as well as citizen
groups to determine appropriate development activities
for the county while focusing on its citizens'
quality of life.
We are a catalyst to economic activity and development.
If you are...
- A resident needing help with home purchase
or home rehabilitation
- A business looking to expand or relocate in
- Looking for information on starting a business
- Looking for assistance with special projects
Contact the SCEDC at (906) 341-5126
Projects, past, present;
- Boardwalk Sign Project (Funded by (MDEQ) $10,000 and (DDA) $2,500) - ($12,500)
- Housing Rehab - ($187,500)
- MSHDA NPP improvement project - ($607,400)
- MEDC Planning Grant - ($30,000)
- MSHDA Downtown Rental Rehab Grant - ($175,000)
- MSHDA Homebuyer Purchase/ W Rehab - ($120,000)